KEF Q800ds drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am getting a pair of KEF Q800ds.
I've read about them and all the horror stories about them not being mirror-imaged in phasing. But I don't intend to use them as di/bi-poles.

My intention is to use the 5.25" Uni-Q drivers and build two full range LR loudspeakers (with the addition of appropriate woofers) and a center channel using just the single two way Uni-Q array in a small box. That leaves a driver for spares.

Can anyone share the impressions of these drivers' performance? I am guessing they are the same as the Uni-Q on the Q500 front speakers. Looks like a decent, late generation driver that could be a starting point for such a solution.

Hint: The idea is to couple each with two or four appropriate KEF B200 woofers (I have a decent collection) and make something that works like the blade in a narrow, rectangular box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.