JBL L110 new cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You brace for two main issues: acoustic pressure in the box, whether vented or not, and vibration transmitted from the driver to the enclosure. MDF is thought to have energy storage issues which need addressing on panels as large as yours, so going to the trouble of correct bracing is part of improving the original.

So due to my router having an offset square base, I had to make two new round bases for the previously mentioned driver rebating method to work;

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And it wasn't millimeter perfect/press fit, but its close enough for me;

Next time I do this I will buy a router with a round base. When I bought the one I have, there were no trim routers available with round bases. :rolleyes:

Have now finished the fronts and started looking at bracing;

20190428-124831.jpg

20190428-151551.jpg

20190428-164214.jpg

20190428-111723.jpg

Finally got these finished. Few hiccups which I need to avoid on the next build
1. Used a gloss finish. Next time will go satin?

2. Veneer cracked almost 2mm wide on side that got exposed to direct sun, unsure how to avoid this :confused:

3. Cabinet joins becoming visible - is the cabinet moving :confused:

4. Finishing is the hardest part.

Here they are on the test bench :hphones:

20190728_173911.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.