Looking for a completed project for a pair of Tannoy speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am an owner of a pair of Tannoy monitor gold dual concentric 10 inch (hf lz III). I have been trying to find a project with a description of the enclosures. However, I had no luck so far.

In a last effort to be able to fully utilize the speakers, I would like to ask if anyone has a completed project with crossover. If not I would appreciate it if anyone could point me to the right direction. I want to use the speakers in an area of approximately 40-50 square meters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

DO retain the factory Crossovers Simply upgrade the Electrolytic Cap (s?) And if 'exuberant' the Film Capacitors.
Nothing else ! needs touching that will make Genuine audible difference..(as opposed to Internet wisdom OR someone trying to sell his ' bespoke' crossovers, usually for laughable price)
Been at this since '72.... Lotsa Hard lessons learned IMO that's the best advise possible from that perspective
10's were the stepchild DC's.. unfortunately... they are lesser performers than their larger brothers.
Not a diss on them .. just simple info.
Build a simple stoopid Bass Reflex box.. Bigger is better as the 10's bass is lowish.
Avoid Any horns... they sound as hollow one bass note things.
Tannoy DC's are VERY responsive to amplifier quality.. astonishingly so.
Don't overlook that avenue.
G' luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.