can sb explain how this horn works

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
we'd have no need for the first 90% of a bass horn.
If you take a plain conical waveguide and you replace it with a round baffle, same size as the waveguide mouth, same convex shape as the wavefront, and cover this baffle with lots of small drivers.. the primary operation is going to be the same (save for a few small details I haven't mentioned).

For a horn example, some builders might shorten their exponential by changing to two drivers instead of one, then moving them down the throat to where it is larger.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
It depends on the actual setup how or which frequency range you can actually use. The 1000Hz 100° wide dispersion is quite good for a 80° nominal horn, from looking at the datasheet I don't see a problem to use that horn that low. The beaming horizontally from 2-3k and from 8-18k makes the horn unusable for the most applications. Verticall there is much heavier beaming over the midrange but that can in many cases be ignored.

'Just sweet spot listeners' could maybe use it but it still affects the energy bilance in the room. There are so much better horns available, I would not use that one at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.