Help Understanding Tekton Tweeter Array Schematic?

If you can’t/shouldn’t cross them low, what’s the advantage of the array. My hope was that this could be used from 400hz (or close to) and up. Removing cone speakers from the equation for the bulk of the audible frequency band. But this seems like just a large tweeter? I understand the added efficiency and directivity control, but was hoping for more.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I'm sure they still have limits but those limits would be much greater than a single driver.
Say you were running 8 tweeters, for a given output level each will be down 18dB. Would this be unusual at 400Hz for any typical dome with a moderately low first order filter used... and it isn't even that bad since no one is implying that output is flat at 400Hz.

It's not a combination of 7 drivers as such. In the case of something like DI, it's 6 drivers wired in series-parallel being used as an upper-midrange array (where the drivers are also cascaded, so the horizontal-plane units are rolled off first, then those on the vertical), and crossing over to a single central tweeter. In the case of Moab etc., it's 2 clusters of 7 tweeters wired in series parallel in a large MTM with a single central dome; it's straightforward enough to control impedance (and level matching) with series or damping resistors as necessary.

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2006
Paid Member
So, has anyone read any Tekton reviews lately?

YUZw0Ht.gif

The Tekton reply I saw seemed odd. The speakers I make for myself aren't neutral, or playing a linear response. They are unabashedly coloured to suit my own taste.
It seems odd to say on one hand a speaker is extremely flat in response, and on another hand to sat it is made for audiophiles, and not linear, as that would be more suitable as a mixing monitor.
Two of my cents while living in a country without pennies.