Woofer and configuration selection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all diy members here....

I lurked this forum for a few months now, before deciding to suscribe as a member....

I'm a newbie in this world..... having only a sub building project under my belt.... project that I'm pretty proud of.....

I never heard such a great sub in stores... in my area... :D

Obviously I had asked many dumbs questions on some HT forums, and then I bought the "Loudspeaker Cookbook" and d/l some sims programs and play with them a lot before making my mind...

The good result leads me to step up the difficulty to some full range enclosures.....:knight: ...to replace older Paradigm 7se

by the way those who like to see the sub can follow this link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/123013201KaNAzy

so for my next project, I picked the Vifa XT25 for tweeter, based on reviews I've read on the net and stepping on the opportunity to own these at a very good price (long story).... so now I'm still trying to figure what should be the best configuration and selection for matching woofer(s)

For now I tend to lean for an MTM configuration..... for the so called efficiency gain.... but I'm also a bit intimidated at the work ahead as I nearly didn't know nothing about crossover..... :bawling:

I also like the Ken Perkins Nebula or the Thomas W Tibor...
as they are already made project with proven crossover design....

I've made some preliminar seach... with budget in mind, look, power handling, Fs etc.... sure a pair of Seas W18E00 would be great but too expensive for my knowledge....

I'm looking for a good articulate and detailed but not aggressive polyvalent music speaker, yet able to rock sometimes as well as able to play some classical piece sometimes... a good do it all.... that will play soft rock mostly. They could have a relatively limited bass extention as it'll be used with my sub (crossed at 60Hz)... so medium size bookshelfs are prefered

I also have Athena's AS-B1 as surrounds and AS-C1 as center, for HT.... All those will be driven by an HK AVR525

now my list is; (they're all 7" or 8" but 6.5" could be good if MTM config. is picked)

Vifa;
PL18WOO9-08
MG18WK09-08 (like the look)
XG18WWH00-08

Hi-Vi;
M8N
F8 (like the look too)

feel free to make suggestions, comments, statements, ask questions, bashed me if you feel it could help... :dunno:

Thanks

Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.