2-way speaker for old radio Philips D2603

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I am looking for help / advice from you, advanced enthusiast.
I am rebuilding old radio Philips D2603 to a new standards music speaker. It will be mostly radio for my community workshop. It is not bluetooth speaker. But it will consist RPi 0 with JustBoom AMP zero (2x25w) wit Volumio in it. I am aiming to spotify speaker, so everyone in the workshop can pull out their phone and pick a playlist without pairing to device. That's about concept.

Now the speaker part. Radio have hole for 4" and 2 1/4" speaker. Of course, I want to put there something quite good. Our level is not too high, but people mostly likes some BASS in music, so I want to satisfy this condition little bit too. I know, it will be hard without proper enclosure. But I wanna try.

QESTION for you guys. What speaker and crossover combination you will recommend me? Firstly, I was looking at monacor SPH-100C with monacor SPX-20M. But then I realize, that the plastic enclosure have vents on back side. So I can not consider it as closed box, but more likely open baffle. So high Qts is welcome, right? May be Dayton Audio RS100T-8 would be a choice for woofer, but than I have to find good midrange/tweeter to assist to that. I am quite new in this, so I want to know what people who know the topic will chose.

I am not looking for heavy bass experience, but I don't want to lack bass either (I guess it is same question over and over - sorry for that).

Cheers,
Pulcik

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.