Troels SBAcoustic 1st order design with xover schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hopefully this is not a repost.

SBA-761

He also makes the xover schematics available unlike most of his designs lately. He used to be anti-first order, but he's come around :)

Fine-tuning the SBA-761 made me go through a wider range of my recordings than usual. Again 1st order filters throw a more truthful presentation and clearly demonstrates that phase shifts are one of the enemies of hi fidelity. The flute, the obo, the violin, etc., came with a vivid, yet smooth presentation without any harshness to the ear, something we've gotten so used to that we think this is the way things must sound. I'm not pointing fingers because there are a lot of good speakers out there that doesn't use 1st order filters - in fact most of them - and some of them sounds darn good. Every speaker is a compromise from design priorities.

Last edited:
SBA-761
"The construction here is the first of two SBA speakers designed for the DIY section of the new SBA website."

Troels stamp of approval on the SBA-761 is a statement that the SB_Acoustics Satori grade drivers are SO wide band and SO natural sounding that you can even use a simple crossover and achieve impressive sound from "good but not great" measurements.

A DSP company should to go a trade show using these same Satori drivers in a full 3-way 3-amp DSP with a flat SPL .... next to a small tube amp driving Troels SBA-761.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.