Fullrange with sub and supertweeter (low cost)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• eleje.jpg
    eleje.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 293
  • oldala.jpg
    oldala.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 294
  • váltó.jpg
    váltó.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 299
Hello!

I am in the "bussinnes" for 20 years.
In Hungary the average wage is so low, I am expert in low and low-mid priced loudspeakers.
Here is my measurements and project:
Diy hangfalepites - avx.hu

The voice:
It is better for example:
- Chario Delphinus
- Dyno A52SE

The low end is 32 Hz (tuned to 36Hz)
It is a bookself speaker with limited volume.
All bookself speakers tuned to 45-50Hz with a bump - which I really hate.

If I have space, a 25cm + 13cm + 2,5 cm 3way should the nirvana.

-
The TB W6 is more than I wanted in the low end and - I specified to crossover building - the phase in the most important range you can hear - is more important than the sraight frequency response.

A fullrange from 200-8000 Hz without phase difference is worth a lot . . .

Very nice!
A friend of mine has the 8" Ferrite magnet Sonido, and it is very good, crossed 1st order to a Alpha 15, also 1st order.
What crossover points and slopes you have on this speaker?
Did you try this Sonido in open baffle with a 12" or 15" bellow? I wonder if they mate good. The 8" is ok for midbass but the highs are not as I want them to be. I was thinking this smaller Sonido has better highs.

Thanks!

Very nice!
A friend of mine has the 8" Ferrite magnet Sonido, and it is very good, crossed 1st order to a Alpha 15, also 1st order.
What crossover points and slopes you have on this speaker?
Did you try this Sonido in open baffle with a 12" or 15" bellow? I wonder if they mate good. The 8" is ok for midbass but the highs are not as I want them to be. I was thinking this smaller Sonido has better highs.

Thanks!

The TB is a sub, it falls after 300Hz - as I tried it sounds better without crossover. The Sonido's response falls at 8kHz and has a 12kHz peak - I crossed it in 8kHz with 6dB/o and the tweeter starts from here with first order (only 1 cap) crossover too.
// the Sonido has an l-pad of course //

The highs is the weekness of this project, the metal cymbal is not so good with the Sonido. I have a little lack at some music.

I wanted a bookself loudspeaker because of the limit of my room. I have not tried OB sub yet, but it is my new project which I built to my frend and the big surface of the woofer is very good. I will move to a new appartment, so everything is possible in the future :)

Attachments

• mozifront.jpg
    mozifront.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.