What to build with these drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

Looking for suggestions on how to best utilize these drivers salvaged from an old tandberg telepresence device.

IMG_4021.jpg IMG_4022.jpg IMG_4023.jpg IMG_4024.jpg

I see these telepresence systems claiming full range 20 - 20,000Hz sound.

A bit optimisitic perhaps, but it suggest your drivers may have potential in the right cabinet.

Any idea of the type (sealed/reflex) and size of enclosure in which the speakers were originally situated?

Those are some nice driver you have on your hands there, especially the woofers.

They look like they are excel line magnesium cones with black phase plugs and cones. Nothing wrong with the tweeters mind you. In fact a lot of SEAS prestige line tweeters perform better than some of the excel ones.

I echo what Chris has said though. Basically a ZA5.5tt or a ZA5.5t.

Zaph|Audio - ZA5 Speaker Designs with ZA14W08 woofer and Vifa DQ25SC16-04 tweeter

That would be a good place to start for inspiration about what you could do with your drivers.

I guess what you build depends entirely on how many of them you want to use in a single speaker.

The magnet size on the W12s bodes well for a useful Qts. What kind of cabinet were these originally in inside the TV?

Thanks for interesting link, especially since ZD5 has been my speaker of choice in the last decade:) I’m not sure though if I can simply drop my drivers into MMTMM design for example, but it would be nice if they’d fit:)

My woofers were inside a large cabinet with 65” screen, difficult to tell how much of it was used for sound though.

Oh I wasn't recommending you build the ZA5 with the seas drivers just that you could build something like them.

Was the cabinet sealed or did it have vents/holes in?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.