Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

Vilallobos?!

That's right.
Some people still prefer analog modular gear, but personally I think VSTs have come a long way regarding authenticity and overall sound quality.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For example, it is very difficult to distinguish this VST from the real physical device.

Attachments

• Audiorealism - Bass Line 3.jpg
    Audiorealism - Bass Line 3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 383
Daemonsgr- if you search jmlc on eBay Germany he will come up. I paid a little under 400 shipped. The guy seems knowledgeable about loud speaker theory and stayed in contact with me the whole while waiting for my product ��
They are 26x15....which isn’t a bad size

Daemonsgr- if you search jmlc on eBay Germany he will come up. I paid a little under 400 shipped. The guy seems knowledgeable about loud speaker theory and stayed in contact with me the whole while waiting for my product ��
They are 26x15....which isn’t a bad size

You've paid 400 all included? That's a very good price.
You'd probably pay at least twice that amount for similar horns from Auto-Tech.
Perhaps the finish of the Auto-Tech horns is slightly better, but likely not worth the difference.

This is the seller's local e-bay account (use google translate).

Last edited:
Agreed camplo, it's a very interesting concept.
Therfore I guess it deserves an extra post.

The list price is around €6500, depending on the configuration.

On stereoNET a pair of active Bullfrogs sold twice within a very short period for only $3K (AUD) instead of RRP $15k.

It's a 2-way, but you'll need subs. I'll post some additional info later.

Last edited:
Tractrix Horns w/ B&C DCX50
Though I suppose the voice coil is small for the task.

The voice-coil size of the DCX50 is misleading.
The mid diaphragm is actually cone shaped and 5" diameter, whereas the HF diphragm is annular.
It's supposed to be a very nice driver, now superseded by the DCX464.
Both on paper as well as according to some sources the DCX464 beats all BMS coax drivers.

c0143750_23575494.jpg

c0143750_051796.jpg

Last edited:
Martion Bullfrog

First, it's appropriate to dedicate a few words to the man behind the brand.
Heiner Basil Martion has been in the loudspeaker business for almost half a century. His company was and still is a small privately owned and operated business. R&D and production is located in a seperate part of a domestic building in East-Berlin.
This is probably the type of business that comes closest to DIY.

It's obvious this man hardly does any marketing. I came across several German Audio journalists stating they didn't even know the brand until recently. These kind of dedicated small businesses generally get my sympathy.
Even more so, because Martion products are not insanely expensive compared to other German exotic horn systems (Aries Cerat, Cessaro, Odeon, Stein Music etc.).
This man didn't enter the audio industry in order to get rich, this man has been passionate about music and loudspeaker technology ever since his youth.

I also appreciate his initiative to organize his own small show on a short distance from Munich Hi-End, were people can listen to his systems (free of charge) in a relaxed ambience.
The second part of this report is telling.

Last edited:
Didn't you order 2 pairs (8 Ohms)?
If the 15M becomes available in 16 ohms and AE grants you the opportunity to change the order, it would be most generous.
However, if I were in your shoes, I would compare (measurement) data first.

Well that’s what I was thinking
AE replies
The only parameters that change are the ones related to resistance. The Bl and Le change proportionally, but the overall motor strength is identical. Box volume and tuning would not change at all.

So I ok’d the switch