Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

High loudness potential is a side effect of high sound quality potential....
Size creates more direct energy and directivity.

I have no intentions of listening super loud. More 83db lol.

I also wanted the fun factor available and enough power to be used far field as well. Dont for get, I can switch whats mounted to the CD.

Last edited:
I'd like to provide some humor....I spent the last day under the impression that my measurements were correct....
I made a change...I added a top baffle to complete the slot, for proper measurements....somewhere along the lines the mic choice switched...Ive been starring at measurements from the labtop mic scratching my head... I even started working on the crossover in vituixcad 🤣🤣🤣

I was like "well it's within plus +/-2.5db....
They warned me about putting it in a slot"🤣🤣🤣
37CC53BD-A23A-44C2-9A43-DF50199166EB.jpeg

The more direct energy/directivity.....the less colored the FR, will be, by the room. But how low can this effect be had at a measure that mattered? For example with my wide 32" baffles, baffle step is around 140hz....so above that directivity is much stronger....and below that, the direct to reverb would be no more or less, equal, to a baffle, half the size? Or does the wider baffle still have a degree higher direct energy in comparison to the half width baffle at low bass frequencies like 100-50hz?

The frequency of beaming depends purely on the size of the speaker.
How this is beaming (the DI, directivity index) depends a little on the cone shape.
Although the majority of speakers kind of use the same shape for that.

What you're talking about is cone break-up/roll-off.
Which depends mostly on the inductance (or the lack thereof with demodulation rings) and mass of the cone.

Any other effects, like local resonances or surround-dips, might sometimes disturb the response as well.
Ever heard about geometrical stiffness?
2 examples.

Attachments

• Flat Alu.gif
    Flat Alu.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Conical Alu.gif
    Conical Alu.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 49