Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

p8-1200x900.jpg

p6-950x1200.jpg

p5-900x1200.jpg

Last edited:
a long horn which simply provides better loading, especially down to the resonance region of the driver/horn combo. You can see this effect by simply doing a free air impedance shot and then mounted to the horn.I am quite sure that the driver itself prefers a long horn, especially if you wnat to go down as possible, but what I found is that most long horns are no more constant directivity.

Can you help me please, here is a measurement of a DE250 in a JMLC700 (green) and a Fane FH450 (red).
There is a problem with the phase at 1.1K :D

I've been on pintrest looking for inspiration, I'm probably going to end up with a fricken rectangle with a horn on top. I should at least try to round the baffle edges.

There is a type of enclosure where the ports or many slots, I forget the name...I seen another enclosure where the guy used several longitudinal slots on the sides for the port. At least, the first instance its a known enclosure style that supposedly has increased performance. I'll figure out the name in a second.....its dinner time.

The TD15M just barely meets the Av = Sd ideal w/6.34 Onken alignment.

For 'best' = 5.7 alignment = ~ T/S max flat, vents will need to be < Av= Sd, but still 'good enough' to get some of the Onken's Fb boost: HiFi Loudspeaker Design

GM

edit: comparing these two except with a single large vent, which can be easily retuned, the smaller 6.34n seems a better choice overall unless of course you want the multiple vents for their industrial 'look'.

Last edited:
I think you just said a single large vent is suffice. I really don't like the look of the onken alignment with square slots., I was hoping the same could be done with multiple round holes.

Round is most efficient and a single large vent will be shortest length with the [potential] downside that its harmonics will be the strongest, so sometimes need to be 'critically' damped whereas with multiples like the Onken tend to be resistive whether you want them to be or not and yes, they can be round. The patent prototype BR: US1869178A - Sound translating device
- Google Patents

Their combined harmonic structure causes what I consider excessive comb filtering with the driver, making a mess of the critical lower mids, though many folks prefer this euphonic distortion, so go figure: https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/ap...daddad6c53c3c7d23ea37f05b5b241d1476ed7a9b9253

GM

Last edited: