Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

And here again the two versions (SL400HZ horn):

ND4015x_distortion_SPL.jpg

The distotions of the NSD4015N increased considerably from 7k on and reached more than 20% beween 10k-20k.

btw, I only own the ND4015Be and got the before the prices increased considerably.

Even harmonics ?? ;)

Both drivers are more than adequate for hifi at Home. The 18Sound is obviously without major shortcomings, except it's 6x more expensive than the Oberton.

As far as 10-20k is concerned, there's no escaping an 8-10 dB nosedive. The same applies to the 4" Radians.

what are the model of these drivers and where to buy at a cheap price in europe?

how do they compare to JBL D2430 driver?

This is hard to say, because the drivers are technically quite different.
The Oberton drivers are rather straightforward "classic" compression drivers with "high-tech" diaphragms, whereas the 2430 is more akin to BMS' dual annular diaphragm (ring radiator) technology.
The 2430 is hard to come by and significantly more expensive.
From a technological point of view, I prefer the less complicated single dia compression drivers for hi-fi, which is not to suggest the dual diaphragm drivers are ill-suited for hi-fi duties.

Last edited:
The new TeXtreme Eminence N341-X just came in from parts express the other day and after 2 days listening they are performing stunningly in the JBL 2384s down to 490hz. That’s with miniDSP 48/@ 490hz is a real sweetheart! 30 years of speaker building and this is the best I have had yet! Im not jumping on the hype train. I’m just saying they are worth a look.