Small La Scala Tutorial for noob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you could make a vented hybrid - it would be like a baby VOTT

9CU1r81.jpg

jxxwgFg.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you both so kindly for the effort & tutorial. Firstly there’s no corner in my listening space cause it pretty wide, closest to the back wall will be like 2 ft away. My ML are about 5.5 ft away from the back wall.
Anyway while surfing, I came across a thread in this forum way back in 2010.
I saw this Fostex 206 like backloaded horn with a 10 inch woofer, so I message the gentleman asking if I could some how use the 10FW64, his reply was that the 10FW64 is best with front loading like Altec speakers, well the only Altec that I know is the A7. Lol

Again thank you both very much. Cheers

You're welcome!

Lansing/Altec originally made 'W' [mid] bass bins under license, switching to in-house designed truncated, vented FLHs after WWII and reintroduced them with the 1215A in the mid '70s, but was apparently too 'old tech'/whatever by then, so were dropped pretty quick, but they did put out a lot of SPL for the times.

The single 15" 110 Hz A7 small cinema series is the 'baby' of the dual 15" 70 Hz 'A' series cinema system.

Anyway, this has become so 'rambling'/'grabbing at straws'/'throwing stuff at walls to see what sticks' thread [maybe one of these gets my point across in your native tongue] that without complete details of the room/layout, signal chain, performance goals, I'm just going to spectate.

GM

Hi Freddi how are you ? Have not found anything yet but some how I'm still fixated on trying it out in the small la scala bass bin. Reason I did a short listening test on the jbl. In my room it sounded surprisingly smooth with the HF94 horns very unlike horns that I've listen too, it's not the upfront forward kind of presentation. This leads me to reconsider the type of box alignment that I should be using for the 10Fw64. If I were to use something like the MT130 which was design for long distance coverage for outdoor purpose it surely will for sound good in my room with it's narrow dispersion. Btw there was a 0.63 scale down simulation that you did for the 10Lw64 that looks pretty smooth, what enclosure did you it model on ?
Thank you kindly again for all your advice, tutorial & help. As I do more research I'm slowly getting to grips with horn speakers & hopefully will understand much more.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.