Quick question for the experts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok folks, I decided to use the services of Paul at Reference Fidelity. He says I need to send him one speaker and he can build me, or modify the crossover I'm already using.
I've come this far with the cabinets and the drivers, I may as well pay a bit extra and hopefully end up with a tailor made crossover for the drivers in the cabinets.
Has anybody had any experience with Paul at Reference Fidelity.? Falcon Acoustics recommended him to me.

Ron

Yes, I've emailed him pics of tha cabinets and he said he would need the cabinets with the drivers mounted to make the crossover. He seems to know what he's talking about.

To be honest, knowing what I know now I wouldn't attempt diy or modifications again.
For what this will end up costing me I could have bought a really good pair of ready mades.

Still, it's easy to be wise after the event, but you need to remember, it's the event that provides the wisdom.

I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks for all your help.

Ron

Just an update, I sent RFC one speaker and he has done some preliminary tests. The Wharfedale cabinets are absolutely fine. He's done some tests and it turns out the AE crossover is not a million miles off, so he is looking to use the existing crossover boards and tweak them if possible. He's been busy refitting his workshop, hence the delay. Should know more by the end of this week.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to let you know what they sound like when I'm sorted. At the moment I'm using the Wharfedale 11.1 drivers in my AE cabinets. For £200 the Wharfedales are ok. But there is a massive difference in quality compared the Scanspeak, even before I've got the crossover sorted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.