Anyone tried AUDAX HM210Z10 open baffle?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Audax HM210Z10 in an open baffle?
I would like to use the >400Hz together with the big ESS AMT.

I would like to build them D'appolito, like this:

Trio15-HeilAMT-Cat-Open-Baffle-Speakers-by-PureAudioProject.jpg

Any recommendations?

KR Barossi

Last edited:
well, any speaker can be mounted in open baffle. Doubling it, it increases the production of interference ( waves? :p )
The particular arrangement that you show is a typical OB one: two 15 inches and a fullrange, both having HiSPL and not necessitating active correction.

Edit: UH, that's not the ubiquitous PureaudioProject or likely...that is the ESS tweeter, so that's a true D'Appolito and so on, and YOU would want the Audax woofer work above the 3 low octaves; C'mon !! DO the pureaudioproject, you can find the WAW idea in the Fullrange Forum either:bfold:

Last edited:
Hi Barossi,

I think the ESS is too low in position in your example, but maybe that´s just me.
Even two poor small Auday 210 will make absolutely no bass. If you force them to do so by DSP, you´ll end up with very low output.
You will need to add 2 15-inch-drivers at least to match the ESS, like in your picture. If you choose the right drivers, you won´t need the Audaxes.
By the way, 400 Hz is too low for the ESS, or have I misunderstood something?

Good luck

Mattes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.