Eminence Beta 12 CX + Selenium D210Ti MLTL (huge)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hello all,
I thought I would share information about one of my successful builds from 2003:) I think this came up from discussions at the single driver website, however I am not really sure, it is a long time ago. The MLTL parameters were designed by GM, who is also a member of this forum. So the credits and thanks go to him:)

From the construction point of view, it is just a rectangular crossection box with a piece of 20 cm diameter plastic tube with old clothes used as stufing. The crossovers are mounted on the boards that were routed out of the front baffle.

This was my main system together with a 2 x 50 W EL34 PP tube amplifier until 2008 when I moved to my own apartment. In the following years, they served as PA for vocals in our metal band rehearsing room.

I listened to them almost nearfield in my parents' house basement room and they also served as the computer speakers.

They are loud, pretty sensitive and the sound is actually quite nice. I still have them in the basement of my new house and maybe, the speaker will be used again in an open baffle crossed over to a WBin basshorn biamped until I finish designing the proper tops.

Below is the MathCad files by GM, and some measurements and crossover details from a PA loudspeaker dealer, who tuned in the crossover for me and also supplied the parts.

I will take a few pictures over the weekend - it is really not too special, but makes me proud anyway:)

Attachments

• HE12.1.doc
    34 KB · Views: 335
  • HE12.1-a.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 175
  • HE12.1-b.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Beta12CXMeasurement.pdf
    283 KB · Views: 286
  • Beta12CX-D210Ti-crossover.pdf
    359.3 KB · Views: 313
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi, I think it was a third order hipass with "nominal" frequency at 2200 Hz (but have not simulated or recalculated the values). In any case, I have noticed no issues soundwise or power wise. I doubt that the crossover guy would do something out of specs. I cannot find the old conversation online anymore.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Just some clarifications

So I have redrawn the crossover schematic and taken two pictures. It has been always a basement speaker and it will stay in my workshop. In the picture it is tested along a basshorn. The results are very promising so far. My memory told me, there was bass with these speakers...but with the bass horn, there is more and better:)

Attachments

• crossover-diagram.jpg
    crossover-diagram.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 796
  • crossover.jpg
    crossover.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 770
  • speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 774
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.