KEF 103.2 Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hoping someone can help me here. I bought a pair of KEF 103.2’s from an estate sale for $75. One works great, the other doesn’t. I ran a frequency test and the faulty speaker doesn’t play lows, however, the tweeter works fine. I thought it might be the woofer so I swapped the woofer from the good speaker and hooked it up to the faulty speaker, but it still wouldn’t play. I also opened it up and the caps look ok (not leaking as far as I can tell). Any ideas about what might be going on, how I should diagnose it, or where I should try and get it fixed? I am powering it with a NAD C368. Thanks in advance.

There will be an inductor in line with the bass driver.
I have seen inductors fail.
Check for bad solder joints, broken wires.
Have you used a multimeter to check for continuity from box terminals to the driver terminals ?
Do these speakers have one or two sets of binding posts ?
if there's two sets, are the bridging jumpers still there ?

Thanks for the replies. No, I haven't used a multimeter to check that. Kind of a noob at this. There's one set of binding posts. I've been reading up more on common problems, and it's most likely a leaky cap corroding the traces to the woofer. I found the below thread:

Kef 103.2 speakers | Page 3 | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

I can used a solder ok, but any ideas how hard this would be to do if I were to do a full recap and bypass the protection device? TIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.