Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Simple high efficiency two-way
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2019, 10:36 AM   #21
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defo View Post
Those Faital coaxials look quite nice tho. Even if the curves are quite smoothed and low resolution. Couldn't find any unofficial measurements of them.
Are there any finished projects / crossovers for one of these coaxes anywhere I wonder? Preferably one that includes BSC.
The curves online aren't far off.
I don't think there are any projects online for them - they haven't been out for long.

I'm afraid I can't share the work I've done with the 10HX230 as Faital Pro want that information for their distribution channels.
If you keep an eye out, they're likely to make the plans available in due course.

Chris
Old 20th February 2019, 01:17 PM   #22
phivates is offline phivates  United States
diyAudio Member

If your speakers are going to be that close to the floor then the coaxial makes even more sense. The Volt 10 is very attractive especially for the price.
Old 20th February 2019, 05:38 PM   #23
Defo is offline Defo  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivates View Post
If your speakers are going to be that close to the floor then the coaxial makes even more sense.
How so?
Old 20th February 2019, 09:59 PM   #24
phivates is offline phivates  United States
diyAudio Member

You would have a tiny sweet spot with the lobing issues that attend all standard two-ways. Yes there are those who say sit still and listen, why be bouncing around the room just because there's music on, but if you are going to share the space with anyone else then you want speakers that cover a broader area than the single throne bolted to the floor. I'm ranting...would an expert like to comment on this?
Old 21st February 2019, 06:18 AM   #25
Brett is offline Brett
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adason View Post
I heard Zu many times at audio shows and never liked the sound. They measure poorly and sound equally bad. Not enough bottom end, lumpy shouty upper end.
The first time I heard the Druids, I burst out laughing at how bad they were. The owner, a friend, was not amused. However, he's since sold them so maybe he always knew I was right.
Old 21st February 2019, 06:22 AM   #26
Brett is offline Brett
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defo View Post
Those Faital coaxials look quite nice tho. Even if the curves are quite smoothed and low resolution. Couldn't find any unofficial measurements of them.
The 8HX200 and 6HX150 measure pretty well and close to the datasheets.
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:08 AM   #27
Defo is offline Defo  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivates View Post
You would have a tiny sweet spot with the lobing issues that attend all standard two-ways
Wouldn't this be true for any two-way regardless of the distance to the floor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
The 8HX200 and 6HX150 measure pretty well and close to the datasheets.
The 10" and 12" graphs look better on paper at least.
Expensive tho... But may be worth it compared to the Volt 10?

I like the Ketome/Polymer diaphragm tho. I only have bad experiences with titanium diaphragms.

Last edited by Defo; 22nd February 2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:36 AM   #28
jimbro is online now jimbro  United States
diyAudio Member

You could use volt10s with the angled flat packs and turn them upside down so the drivers are pointed at your ears. Watch out for diffraction when you mount them in your cabinet though.
Old 23rd February 2019, 12:22 AM   #29
HTRDouh is offline HTRDouh
diyAudio Member

Just threw together some 2ways with HiVi L6-4R and Peerless H26TG06-06. I have rolled off high frequency hearing so a “flat” response speaker sounds dull to me(did not care for ClassixII I built a few years back) I had put together a crossover close to what Undefinition built for his build with these midwoofers when using a different tweeter knowing I would actually need to tune by ear due my hearing issues. Had a faulty solder joint in one of my crossovers so I went ahead and put one speaker together with just a 3.3 mf cap on the tweeter and woofer ran unfiltered. While the one with the somewhat proper 12db crossover actually sounded good the speaker with the high pass only is far more fun to listen too,sounds immediate,hits hard,has good bass and is louder than any of my other speakers outside of my Sansui SP3200.I am utilizing a Kenwood KA6006 amp which is rated at 50 watts or so I think, I cannot tolerate turning the volume up to 3 on the dial 100 dB on IPhone which I know isn’t likely accurate but it is some sort of measurement that others can duplicate. (Running Spotify through computer,no turntable in the workroom) not very scientific I know but cheap,easy,fun. Might burn someone with good ears but easy enough to run a different tweeter or pad down the Peerless.

Simple high efficiency two-wayHide this!Advertise here!