Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

3-way studio monitor design
3-way studio monitor design
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st February 2019, 11:46 PM   #61
HammerSandwich is offline HammerSandwich
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricofiocco View Post
@hammersandwich, thanks for the links, you gave me good home works for tonight
You'll like this one, too!
Old 22nd February 2019, 10:34 AM   #62
Arnandsway is offline Arnandsway  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I'm also looking for documentation about cardioid speakers. Not a lot on it. To me it seem passive cardioid is one of the most effective way of reducing front-wall reflections.
The D&D are relatively big for my room. I wonder if it would be possible with a smaller 6-7 inch woofer at the front and 1 or 2 6-7 inch woofers on the back.

Going completely active is also possible. It is done by Kii on their Three model.
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:25 PM   #63
enricofiocco is offline enricofiocco  France
diyAudio Member

Thanks hammersandwich, very interesting!
From my readings modeling such a design it's quite difficult. A lot of trial and error in all the threads... and you need to be able to do measurements in a correct environment.

I'll stick to sealed design for the moment. I've ordered Satori MR16P-4, Dayton RSS210 and waveguides... already have two R2604.
Maybe later I'll experiment with active cardiod with another RSS210 a separate box on the back. I'll keep you updated... my build will start at the end of march.
Old 23rd February 2019, 05:36 AM   #64
5th element is offline 5th element  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Awesome! Do keep us updated

3-way studio monitor designHide this!Advertise here!