3-way filter components help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! Is it posible to understand the resistance of coils in mid and bass section?

Drivers
SB29RDC-C000-4
SB12MNRX25-4
SB23NRXS45-8

And i can't find coil 3.9 mh, R = 1 Ohm? Where to get this one?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arsh1EjK-leRjgnbNnafLTQTriVD

Many high quality inductors of 3.9mH will have lower DC resistance than 1 ohm (example), so you could simply put a resistor in series with the coil to make up the resistance back to the needed value.
Or, you could find a coil with nearly the right resistance & hope the difference isn't audible - this entry doesn't give a DCR for that exact inductance, but suggests it would be pretty close: example 2.

You could purchase a standard value 4mH 18 gauge wire inductor which has a 1.15 ohm spec and unwind 2.5% of the turns for a 3.9mH inductance. OR ---- just accept the 2.5% higher value

Jantzen vendor
18 gauge inductor
4mH
1.15 ohms
2.24" width
1.18" height
$20 cost USA

Datsun, David Morison, LineSource, Lojzek, nigelwright7557

Big thanks! I understand. Just needed time for new bee too understand :D. If i change resistances of coils this can be fixed by resistors, with online calculator i find "Parallel and Series Resistor Calculator"

0,1mH not big deal?

0,2mH difference is bad or acceptable?

What about coils wire D? If i use 1mm or 1.5mm? In bass section minimal D is 1.6mm or is it so important?

What diameter of the wire enough? For tweeter, mid, bass?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.