Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Seas Excel Graphene?
Seas Excel Graphene?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th February 2019, 12:22 AM   #21
Bill poster is offline Bill poster  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvu View Post
That's why i said NBAC not NAC

SB introduces their models slowly so eventually we will see alu cone Satori, i'm sure of it.
Maybe they'll produce a new Satori range with a type of ribbed paper cone...
Old 18th February 2019, 02:14 PM   #22
Mario Pankov is offline Mario Pankov  Europe
diyAudio Member

Seas Excel Graphene?
E0073-08 W16NX003

That appears the first one of the line. Honestly, nothing impressive. Standard voice coil (long), pretty heavy cone for its Sd, low sensitivity and Qts for ported use. Weird parameters. Maybe designed for tiny ported loudspeakers that can have some bass output but I am missing the point in this driver, really. The graphene coating - not sure of what it does besides marketing - the breakup is at 6.5Khz which is not that high and is obliterating.
Old 18th February 2019, 02:28 PM   #23
lowmass is offline lowmass  United States
diyAudio Member

I doubt putting a couple thin Graphene skins on the Al cone will make a huge difference in cone behavior
Old 18th February 2019, 03:07 PM   #24
plasnu is offline plasnu  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Pankov View Post
The graphene coating - not sure of what it does besides marketing
Anti oxidization? I'm still looking forward to seeing Magico like all graphene cone unit.
Old 18th February 2019, 08:04 PM   #25
Windforce85 is offline Windforce85  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
E0073-08 W16NX003

Maybe designed for tiny ported loudspeakers that can have some bass output but I am missing the point in this driver, really.

Isn't it that vast majority of loudspeaker manufacturers currently aim for exactly that weird parameters? If it is bad or good it depends mostly on correct implementation of that driver in end system and you can't judge it just looking at the specs. All specs are improved over earlier design. Some people from the industry reacted lively for its introduction. I hope the price won't be steep I am affraid it most, knowing other alternatives I predict hopeless future for this driver if its price stays considerably higher than current Excels.

Last edited by Windforce85; 18th February 2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 19th February 2019, 07:46 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Seas Excel Graphene?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windforce85 View Post
Isn't it that vast majority of loudspeaker manufacturers currently aim for exactly that weird parameters? If it is bad or good it depends mostly on correct implementation of that driver in end system and you can't judge it just looking at the specs.
They do because most music is mastered in such a way there`s little dynamics headroom left. So you can use drivers like this one. I fail to see the point in this driver, really, but everyone, including me, does have subjectivity.
Old 19th February 2019, 08:03 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
They do because most music is mastered in such a way there`s little dynamics headroom left. So you can use drivers like this one. I fail to see the point in this driver, really, but everyone, including me, does have subjectivity.

Sales, sales is the point. Still reputable but already too expensive company tries to recover its splendour trying not to share Scan-Speak distress. In order to do that, they decided to offer 'exciting' graphene tech which for me is 100% marketing blurp. Real improvements to this driver in terms of linearity and mechanical stability are hidden from sales point of view and have nothing common with micro-thick and mega-expensive nanostructures.
Old 19th February 2019, 01:01 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Seas Excel Graphene?
Quote:
Sales, sales is the point...In order to do that, they decided to offer 'exciting' graphene tech which for me is 100% marketing blurp.
Absolutely. I wonder how long it will take for real improvements ot show up, like graphene nanostructure cone, ironless loudspeaker motors (Kharma I believe has it, plenty of patents out there, even Renault have one...), advances in suspension design...
Old 19th February 2019, 01:13 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Absolutely. I wonder how long it will take for real improvements ot show up, like graphene nanostructure cone, ironless loudspeaker motors (Kharma I believe has it, plenty of patents out there, even Renault have one...), advances in suspension design...

Improvements? Not quite, generic and ubiquitously used loudspeaker motor design has already reached technological and performance plateau. Moving subsystem materials and design techniques as well. Rather further price drop and market flooding of decent drivers, some for steal price, is expected. What is Kharma? Renault makes loudspeakers?
Old 19th February 2019, 01:42 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Seas Excel Graphene?
Quote:
What is Kharma? Renault makes loudspeakers?
Kharma Loudspeakers. Manufacturer. Renault has a patent with the University of Maine (yes, in the USA) of such motor.

Seas Excel Graphene?Hide this!Advertise here!