Old KEF driver options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I installed a lovely pair of Cambridge Audio R50's into the Ceiriog memorial Institute in Glyn Ceiriog recently that had been gifted to them, there was a diy kit version at one time, not sure who was selling them, possibly and old Wilmslow Audio kit, a friend had a pair back in the 80's, should be some plans floating about somewhere.

Yes, the LS3/5A is an option too, however it has a rather complex xover, maybe a good candidate for and active/digital xover?

I have some of the SureDSP modules fitted in place of R/C cards in some old analog crossovers, great little toy's, SigmaDSP can be downloaded and run offline, just have to select the ADAU1701 as the processor to see whats available, you would need two to do 3 way stereo, about £60 inc programmer.

I can't understand why my suggestion got buried! ;)

Attachments

• Coffin Stereo Woofer System.gif
    Coffin Stereo Woofer System.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 104
The Kef Coda 1034. Used the B110 and the T27. It was unlike the ls3/5a in many ways. Wide and shallow, designed for wall mounting, so no BSC. Simple crossover. I seem to remember it being well liked in a multi speaker comparison test in the 70s. Have never heard one myself.

The Kef Coda 1034. Used the B110 and the T27. It was unlike the ls3/5a in many ways. Wide and shallow, designed for wall mounting, so no BSC. Simple crossover. I seem to remember it being well liked in a multi speaker comparison test in the 70s. Have never heard one myself.
I'm tempted to get the cabinet and crossover from Falcon for LS3/5A, simple solution and I'm lazy :D. Could always use active 2.1 xover for sub.

Always been fascinated by this too SB1980-3way

It would appear that the design of the SB1980-3way dates originally from 1978.

The B110/T27 enclosures are certainly away ahead of their time with their narrow baffle, deep cabinet design.

Must have taken a while to get the 'hang' of mounting them though!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.