Bruce Edgar Tractrix to Replace K-500 horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a Klipsch Belle clone with these parts:

Pair of CT120 Tweeters
Pair of A-55G Midrange Drivers
Pair of CW1526C Woofers
Pair of Type A crossovers

I would like to build a Tractrix style horn to replace the k-500 horn. I can't find the dimensions anywhere.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Tractrixtry.gif

https://www.volvotreter.de/downloads/Dinsdale_Horns_1.pdf

Attachments

• GB278098A.pdf
    265.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Thank you for this, is very interesting read and I have learnt a lot from it, but I’m still struggling to apply the information to working out the proportions of the horn I want to make. I think I’m a bit slow when it comes to all of the equations. Do you know of a pre e siting plan for the K-500 mid-range horn? Or is there a a simpler explanation as to how to draw the right proportions? Apologies if this sounds ignorant, it is just the level of understanding that I currently have.

GM

Joined 2003
Is the K-500 exponential? If so, use these specs to reverse engineer it in Hornresp or similar to find its usable low end XO point [500 Hz?], then assuming you want the same low end loading, design a tractrix with a 500/whatever*0.707 = ~353/whatever Hz XO point: Anyone have K-500 horn dimensions? - General Klipsch Info - The Klipsch Audio Community

All this assumes a round horn, so up to you to convert to whatever WxH aspect ratio [close enough polar response to expo or better yet, the basshorn's around the XO point] you want for HR to calculate the cutting templates.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.