Mystery speakers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, .....fired one up in mono. Holy ****, are these loud. I'm using a '70's sub par receiver to power it and at half volume on the dial I am getting cut in half by the voices and sax coming out of the horn. The bass could be a bit more articulated but I am still getting texture and resonance from a string bass. The Bee Gees (great production) crawl right out of the horns, and Lena Horne seems to move between the horn and the woofer smoothly. BS&T (I'll Love You More Than You'll Ever Know) carries a good guitar and China by Vangelis clearly handles the deep sub bass well. Whoa! I am pleasantly surprised. The horn does seem to be shrill sometimes but reducing the treble a touch takes care of that. Since I only have the one opened up, is there going to be a 'Balance' dial on the crossover of the other speaker too, or is this a balance between the horn and the woofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.