Reviving a few SR-2A's. Which Crossover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
EDIT: welp, i've learned a lot already from the Introduction to designing a crossover thread. THANK YOU! I will follow this guide to the best of my ability, but I would definitely appreciate some suggestions. :)

Hey all!

Recently I got a chance to grab some old Renkus-Heinz SR-2A cabinets for the cost of transportation and I'm trying to get them working. While I have quite a few other technical hobbies, sound is still very new to me so I apologize in advance for some of the questions! Link below to RH Manual.
ftp://ftp.renkus-heinz.com/Legacy_Products/Datasheets_and_Drawings/SR_Series/SR-2A_data.pdf

These cabinets house two Electro-Voice EVM15L woofers and a single Renkus-Heinz 3310 Compression driver, all at 8 ohms impedance.

The person who had it before me seemed to wire two of them so that one woofer, and the 3310 is running off of the HF output on the crossover/ "2-way switch". Picture of the weird wiring below.
This looks safe - Album on Imgur

The other two cabinets are not modified at all, and the wiring is hooked to the normal spots on the switch linked below. On these last two, the 3310 is not working, however the bottom two woofers are.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I suspect that the best thing I can do is replace this switch with a crossover that's not 35 years old, however I don't know where to start. I would like to run all four cabinets and all three speakers in each and get them back to their former glory!

Any suggestions on what to buy to run these is greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.