inconsistent impulse respons 2 computers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
inconsistent impulse response 2 different computers

1.....behringer uphoria um2 new laptop USB as input headphone 3.5mm as output

2.....phonic mu-802 mixer older laptop headphone output /mic input 3.5mm rca

bought brand new behringer u-phoria um2 external usb interface, but when measuring it was showing a rising high frequency response 15khz and above using jbl control 1 speakers, questioning the rising response, I switched to infinity modulus 1 and the top end dropped.

So using the um2 on new laptop
phonic mu-802 on old laptop
both connected to the same amplifier
both laptops have different versions of REW

here is a photograph of impulse response of both

IMG_1998.jpg

phase response of both

IMG_1999.jpg

new laptop to the left of pics.

if anyone asks for files to look at please tell me how and I will upload cheers

Last edited:
There is an option of exporting an impulse response as a textual file, then attach here if you are interested in someone taking a closer look at it. Need I stress out that absolutely all the measurement conditions ought to be identical in both instances?

All I did was transfer the mic XLr cable between um2 and phonic mu-802 mixer

And transfer the 3.5 mm — RCA cable between headphone output on both computers.

I am going to test multimeter on phonic mixer to see if any connections are reversed on all inputs/outputs cheers

yes, use line out connected to a power amp

before any testing of speakers, ensure your setup is good and consistant using hardwired loopback

frequency response should be very flat < +/- 0.1dB as should be the phase. (non smoothed)

with repeated tests, impulse should be at the same time and not move about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.