duplex emergency room ( i need help :s )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
in all senses of the word. 

( read this in the voice of lemony snicket , narrator of 'a series of unfortunate events' . might help with empathy ?)

O.k so you can see from the meme i have created, to highlight my stupidity and lack of situational awareness, that i have made an ill advised technical modification to a once perfectly decent iconic model 704-8a.

I probably deserve to be publicly thrashed with bamboo canes by kendo masters rather than receive any help. But for those that see fit , what would you do to dry the cone and hopefully help it regain its shape?

Wish id modge podged them prior to putting in storage. I am le sigh

Gary

Attachments

• duplex disaster.jpg
    duplex disaster.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 121

GM

Joined 2003
Holy sheep dip, Batman! :eek: About all I can offer is that since '71 I've been semi-annually placing a pair of NOS 421-8A outside on the sidewalk in Atlanta's steamy hot August sun to soften/recenter/reshape them without apparent damage, so considering how bad yours are, I would remove the HF diaphragms and cook them in the oven at the sidewalk's up to ~115 deg. and just watch what, if anything positive, it does.

GM

Holy sheep dip, Batman! :eek: About all I can offer is that since '71 I've been semi-annually placing a pair of NOS 421-8A outside on the sidewalk in Atlanta's steamy hot August sun to soften/recenter/reshape them without apparent damage, so considering how bad yours are, I would remove the HF diaphragms and cook them in the oven at the sidewalk's up to ~115 deg. and just watch what, if anything positive, it does.

GM

Goodness me , i don't think i can trust myself to oven bake them :s

At the moment its stood on its back , cone facing up with an electric dehydrator next to it.

I do have an infra red heat lamp i could direct towards it. Advisable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.