How much low frequency for the satellites of a 5.1 HT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My A/V amp talks that way but just still a wild guess at how the signals are cut up to the speakers in the cheap modules inside the amp.

Depends I can adjust crossover frequency for 40-200Hz in 10Hz increments and pick the slope of either 12db or 24db. It should all be clearly laid out. I am using a Pre Processor with discrete amps so I may have more flexibility put it shouldn't be that different. I have a dual use music and HT system and my mains are an active 4 way system and with the processor I can go completely analog to those mains in a reference stereo mode with no digital processing.

Rob:)

For my in-progress small room home theater build, for surrounds I am targeting reference levels with -3dB point no higher than 60Hz.

I don't have final drivers selected yet (too early), but I am sizing the in-wall backer boxes (part of the soundproof shell) so that I can use a Faital 8HX200 8" coaxial for 200/300Hz+ and an AE TD12 for 50/60-300Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.