Can some one please draw a me a xover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok seeing as how you don't know what "point to point" means and reading the schematic is not going to happen i take it you would need a lot of hand holding to get you through this, correct?

you must at least have some tools otherwise you would not have been able to dismantle it to this point.

ok seeing as how you don't know what "point to point" means and reading the schematic is not going to happen i take it you would need a lot of hand holding to get you through this, correct?

you must at least have some tools otherwise you would not have been able to dismantle it to this point.

I do have all the tools maybe it’s best I never if you no what I mean. Thank you for your reply. I can do it I know I can but with help. Where it starts and finish’s. I know what everyone is thinking. I would too.

scottjoplin just beat me to it!

The attached photo shows the sort of thing we mean by 'point to point' wiring.

You lay out the components the way they are placed in the circuit diagram then solder them together with copper wire.

Perhaps you have a more practical friend who can assist you?

Attachments

• Xover.jpg
    Xover.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 198
There's actually two crossover boards:

707158d1538581397-messed-crossover-board-epos-k3-jpg

The woofer gets one too:

726570d1546613608-please-draw-xover-f609ecb4-f964-4ae8-8ce8-d765efb7f3ca-png

Luke must be Mike Creek's boy. I met Mike Creek years back. British HiFi was conducted in the front lounge and garage of suburban homes then. I was doing amps and differential preamps back then. He wanted a guy to see an FM tuner into production. I had to be honest and admit tuners weren't my bag. But a charming man. He gave me a schematic of the famous old Creek amplifier. It was unusual in having a single rail power supply and an output capacitor. I gave him a schematic for a balanced line phono preamp.

I do have all the tools maybe it’s best I never if you no what I mean. Thank you for your reply. I can do it I know I can but with help. Where it starts and finish’s. I know what everyone is thinking. I would too.

Thank you this is how they should be laid out. But I don’t have the upper and tweeter and the in connections many thanks lee

Attachments

• 6926744E-6627-487A-B76B-966A24E34D5C.jpg
    6926744E-6627-487A-B76B-966A24E34D5C.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 157
Or just solder down some wires where the foil used to be. That's all the foil does, it connects components and leads to each other.

Well I have followed the above photo page 3 I am having problems getting the midrange to work treble is okay bass is okay but no mids the mid speaker is okay it’s just not controlling the mids from the diagram. Have I missed something silly here. I have checked the board over 3 times with no luck. Nearly
There has anyone any ideas where I could off gone wrong. Many thanks lee

Looks like there are a few incorrectly positioned wires and a missing connection from top end of 2R7 resistor to ground (-ve).

Compare your wiring more carefully against the circuit diagram, make the necessary changes and post a new photo for us to check.

In particular, check the wiring to the W and T output terminal blocks.

P.S. I would advise not to test the crossover until the wiring is verified for fear of damaging your amplifier!

Last edited:
Looks like there are a few incorrectly positioned wires and a missing connection from top end of 2R7 resistor to ground (-ve).

Compare your wiring more carefully against the circuit diagram, make the necessary changes and post a new photo for us to check.

In particular, check the wiring to the W and T output terminal blocks.

P.S. I would advise not to test the crossover until the wiring is verified for fear of damaging your amplifier!

Thank you for the replay I am correct saying putting the earth to the output - connection. And I really can’t see where I have missed a connection on the 2r7 resistor. Or is it me being blind. Once again thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.