Telefunken TFK6006 50ohm Lpads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, you took the photo from the wrong side (photo 4), it would really help to see the connection side of the pads and the capacitor(s) and the soldering points of them and the wires. The woofers are definitely not the original ones btw.

The Harman Kardon receiver is very nice!
Here's another picture. Looks like whoever was in here before bypassed the mid pot in this speaker already. The jumper wire is placed across the breaker as it was when I tested with the ohm meter.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpg
    IMG_4761.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 57
I would be inclined to disconnect the level controls and reset device completely and start afresh with a rewire of the system, including new midrange and tweeter capacitors.

If found necessary after listening to the result of the rewire, suitable wirewound resistors may be inserted in series with the midrange and tweeters to reduce their level by the required amount.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I would be inclined to disconnect the level controls and reset device completely and start afresh with a rewire of the system, including new midrange and tweeter capacitors.

If found necessary after listening to the result of the rewire, suitable wirewound resistors may be inserted in series with the midrange and tweeters to reduce their level by the required amount.

I wholehartedly support that statement. A completely new designed crossover can (probably actually would) result in a much improved sound. However, the speakers aren't original anymore and there seems to be no desire to achieve the best possible sound, a 'bang for the buck' solution would be appropriate. To disable the l-pad and try the best of some resistor combinations seems to be the most promising path to go. I don't really like it but it has to be accepted the customers expectations have to be met.

I wholehartedly support that statement. A completely new designed crossover can (probably actually would) result in a much improved sound. However, the speakers aren't original anymore and there seems to be no desire to achieve the best possible sound, a 'bang for the buck' solution would be appropriate. To disable the l-pad and try the best of some resistor combinations seems to be the most promising path to go. I don't really like it but it has to be accepted the customers expectations have to be met.

Maybe build some new cabinets and throw in some new drivers after rebuilding the crossover too ;)

Anyway, here's a drawing of the wiring.

Attachments

• IMG_4763.jpg
    IMG_4763.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Nice simple circuit! Just go for new caps, a full rewire and add level resistors later if necessary.

There will be lots of overlap between the drivers which will result in a lively sound which may actually be fun to listen to!

No speaker system is perfect and this is a prime example! :)

Nice simple circuit! Just go for new caps, a full rewire and add level resistors later if necessary.

There will be lots of overlap between the drivers which will result in a lively sound which may actually be fun to listen to!

No speaker system is perfect and this is a prime example! :)

I think I figured out the DCR issue. Had some + and - reversed. The - wire that connects all the drivers is red! Drawing it out helped me figure that out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.