Looking for Dynaudio D-76AF Driver(s)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am busy with the restoration of a set of Ruark Crusaders, and one of it's mid drivers are distorting because of a malformed voice coil. I have tried many times to get it fixed, but as soon as I close up the driver, the distortion is back.

It would be great if someone can help me with such a driver, else I would have to scrap the speakers.

Why scrap the speakers, in case of not being able to find replacement 3" mids, when you can buy perfectly good new 2" dome mids from other manufacturer? Potential small mods to the filter would not be impossible with some help from good people here.

There is apparently another option I have. To replace it with a new Scan Speak dome. Have found the part number on a search for options. Apparently there seems to be an inherent problem with this Dynaudio driver developing this problem after a few years of use. The only problem is the flange won't fit, but that can be arranged with another flange.

Have you ever contacted Dynaudio to get a replacement driver ? While it is next to impossible to obtain new Dynaudio Drivers for DIY Projects, it should still be possible to get them as spare parts. Might not be cheap though.

Apart from that: Hasn't the outdoor and braai season started ? ;)

Regards

Charles

Have you ever contacted Dynaudio to get a replacement driver ? While it is next to impossible to obtain new Dynaudio Drivers for DIY Projects, it should still be possible to get them as spare parts. Might not be cheap though.

Apart from that: Hasn't the outdoor and braai season started ? ;)

Regards

Charles

Will try Dynaudio.

Yes, outdoor season started. We are doing lots of cycling. Road and MTB. :D

And my surfski will see some water and waves.

I have decided to order the Scan Speak D7608-920010 units, and then to adapt to my my speaker. As advised by Lojzek initially. This project has been hanging about far too long. Time I sort it out.

Thank you for all the advice. The faceplate on these Scan Speaks are bigger in diameter by about 8mm, but it should be easy to sort out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.