No bass with Scanspeak 26w8534g00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The TSP have been used for years as a mathematical model to calculate the load for a woofer.. They are valid at the fs and it is ok but in the calculation it needs to consider also the alfa value, leaks, added resistance... I will try to use Advanced parameters but this woofer is weak.

Hi at all.
I mounted the Ciare HW321 in place of the 26w.
Immediately difference was enormous.
Now bass is deep and punchy, you can feel the body of the sound. By now I am happy that the room is ok.
This is a very great driver, solid construction and very dinamic. It brings music inside the room, now many details appears in the low frequencies.

Little modifications to the mid/tw part because of the increased sensitivity of the woofer.
Right now I wanna share this speaker so I attach measurements at 600mm distance of each driver on axis.
I attach also measured in-box impedances and Nearfield measurements of mid/woofer/port.

I Attach also diffraction /merging files and the project xover itself to be used with vituixcad, if someone would give his 2 cents.

thank you

Attachments

• speaker - Copia.zip
    98.6 KB · Views: 54
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.