No bass with Scanspeak 26w8534g00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi at all.
I write cause i am desperate.
I built a 3 way speaker with 26w on bass, reflex system.
Box is 110lt brutto volume (big I know) cause simulation with measured TS parameters suggested 110lt/ 26hz Qb3 alignement and also bigger volumes with Sb4 align.
Right now NearField response is really flat as predicted but bass is few and there is no impact/punch at all.
Someone would comment please and help me?
Thanks a lot

Hi at all.
I write cause i am desperate.
I built a 3 way speaker with 26w on bass, reflex system.
Box is 110lt brutto volume (big I know) cause simulation with measured TS parameters suggested 110lt/ 26hz Qb3 alignement and also bigger volumes with Sb4 align.
Right now NearField response is really flat as predicted but bass is few and there is no impact/punch at all.
Someone would comment please and help me?
Thanks a lot

Could be lots of things.

Do you have sound when disconnecting the mid and tweeter?

Did you correctly asamble the crossover? (my main suspect atm)

Does the speaker itself work correctly?

We need the crossover schematic.
Foto's of the crossover, so we can check the connections.

Any frequency curve you measured.

You probably have a leak somewhere (box, driver seal, etc) and the cabinet is not functioning as a resonator to provide those low freq via the port.

Take some measurements, near field at the woofer and the port. Do they look like your sims or what a BR should look like ?

Please see attachments: first image is merged nearfield response of woofer and port.
Port is 100mm IDx200mmL for 26 hz tuning
second image is simulation with measured FR (FR; PHASE and IMPEDANCE)
third is obviously the xover.

Woofer box is very good and has no Leaks; volume is 110Lt as said before.
XOver is correctly assmebled

Thanks for the help:eek:

Attachments

• 1_SPL.png
    1_SPL.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 533
  • 1_Six-pack.png
    1_Six-pack.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 549
  • XOVER.png
    XOVER.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 533
A quick run through hornresp confirms your volume / port / tuning at 26Hz. However it also shows a response peak that you don't have. Does you sim include the box BR effect and baffle ?

How wide is the baffle?

Attachments

• cucicu impedance.jpg
    cucicu impedance.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 325
  • cucicu power.jpg
    cucicu power.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 340
Is it possible this is a relative problem. The bass will sound weak if the mid and tweet are relatively too high. What is the measurement at 1m?

This is a baffle sim that predicts the near and far loss from the baffle.

Attachments

• cucicu near baffle loss.jpg
    cucicu near baffle loss.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 287
  • cucicu far baffle loss.jpg
    cucicu far baffle loss.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 285
This is the the axial response of the sealed box (assuming you can seal the port securely).

If you have no leaks the BR will rolloff 4th order (-24db/oct), and the sealed version will rolloff 2nd order (-12db/oct). The sealed response is shown below. You can measure it to confirm no leaks. The sealed should still perform well.

Attachments

• cucicu sealed spl.jpg
    cucicu sealed spl.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 104
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.