Ruark Etude Upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Ruark Etude speakers and although they sound great they are now rather dated. This was fine when they were used in the room they were previously but i now plan to move them into our new media room i have just completed. I'm looking for something more modern looking to match the rest of the room but don't want to change them for something unless the new ones would be up to the standards of the Ruarks.

I've seen some Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2 online with sevenoaks at £299 which seem a good buy. Would they be up to the job?

Cheers Neil

I am not so certain what dated means in this context, so I assume probably not that much pretty of a sight for a new media room, so this being a DIY forum, I suggest a new paint job could do the trick, depending obviously. Bowers seem like a very nice product and they should perform quite decently, I am sure.

Painting the right way is always a lot of work, especially the surface preparation, not to mention having the equipment to spray and the cost is significant also. It is not easy to be wise in that sense. I have managed to paint a pair of bookshelf with a brush, regular enamel in many thick coats and endless sanding. It turned out quite decent but not as professional looking as it might have with a proper polyurethane paint. This excercise I won't be doing soon again. This is the link.
System Pictures & Description

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.