Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2019, 09:33 AM   #151
beardman is offline beardman  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I will wait to hear more from you..

i find this on youtube i can not understand why it sound so good (play with Jriver)

sound so lively here,,,Troels G heard it hear also

YouTube

Best Bjarne
Old 11th August 2019, 07:38 AM   #152
Coasttocoast is offline Coasttocoast  United States
diyAudio Member

The Path Audio resistors I ordered to eliminate the L-pad attenuator arrived this past week.

Today I spent a little time to rewire the crossovers. After the first speaker was done I listened to a few tracks to see if I could hear a difference.

Over the last few months I spent a bit of time adjusting the attenuator and settled on a place about 3/4 of the way around. I could hear the difference even moving the dial as little as 5%.

Surprisingly the swap resulted in the sound being the same as where I had set the attenuator. The difference was clarity. After an hour or so of listening to familiar tracks I swear I can here new information. Subtle, maybe a little more of the decay of a cymbal, a little more vibrato heard from a womenís voice.

So the attenuator is out for good. Iím getting as close to perfection in my system as I can get. I know more is there, itís just going to take a lot more reading and learning to figure out next tweaks.

D7A78F64-8AB9-4B27-AE75-2ABB0749E21C.jpeg
Babelfish J as Aleph 2, McIntosh C2300, RAKK DAC Mark IV Extreme, Oppo UDP-203 DVD/CD, Custom SP10 MKII/SME 312s/Koetsu Urushi Black, Magna Mano streamer, Tidal through Roon, Nui Horn Speakerís (Big Speaker) w/Hypex Fusion 501ís, Transparent Ultra cables.
Old 11th August 2019, 09:29 AM   #153
diyAudio Member

Great you are happy with the Path audio resistor instead of the attenuator

it is easy to hear small difference in the Loudspeaker,,,

i have tried 4 different resistor as filament resist in my 4P1L pre,,very easy to hear the

different in sound,

Best Bjarne
Old 11th November 2019, 04:43 PM   #154
diyAudio Member

Hi
A little update on my speaker

i have changes the Fostex tweeter to a Beyma TPL200 crossover 4,5khz

for me it is great ,,gives a nice tweeter sound,,more air

took some time to get the filter right,,,

several people have heard the speaker,,,and they really like it The Loudspeaker is something really special,,,best speaker i have owned

how goes it by you Coasttocoast ?

Best Bjarne
Old 11th November 2019, 06:04 PM   #155
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardman View Post
Hi
A little update on my speaker

i have changes the Fostex tweeter to a Beyma TPL200 crossover 4,5khz

for me it is great ,,gives a nice tweeter sound,,more air

took some time to get the filter right,,,

several people have heard the speaker,,,and they really like it The Loudspeaker is something really special,,,best speaker i have owned

how goes it by you Coasttocoast ?

Best Bjarne
Great to hear from you and your journey!

Can you share a pic of how you incorporated?

As you remember this is the area I feel is missing in my system. Although too strong of a statement, I listen everyday and am happy. I haven’t even thought about building another speaker, and I’m always building something.

How did you work out the crossover? And input/comments from Troels?
Babelfish J as Aleph 2, McIntosh C2300, RAKK DAC Mark IV Extreme, Oppo UDP-203 DVD/CD, Custom SP10 MKII/SME 312s/Koetsu Urushi Black, Magna Mano streamer, Tidal through Roon, Nui Horn Speakerís (Big Speaker) w/Hypex Fusion 501ís, Transparent Ultra cables.
Old 11th November 2019, 06:33 PM   #156
diyAudio Member

i give you a PM to talk about picture

i measure the unit and then make a 18db filter 4,5khz ,,with a notch filter , and i have

change the coil in the horn filter,, so together they now give a fine measure,,,very close to original

just a little more level in the tweeter area,,,,this is the best sound to me

it was easy to compare the original, to the new one ,,having filter on front the speaker

have my wife to point out the version she like ,,,and chose the new version

(remember ,it is not a night and day ,difference ) it is from start a great speaker

this is the special Beyma i use.....

BEYMA TPL-200/HR, HIGH-REVOLUTION! DIPOLE SPECIAL BLACK VERSION -A.M.T. TWEETERS | eBay
Old 14th February 2020, 11:58 AM   #157
jamesblonde is offline jamesblonde  Italy
diyAudio Member

Troels has updated this design with a v2: The-Loudspeaker-2

Still not convinced that about the tweeter + supertweeter part of the design. Need to do some digging to understand why Troels chose to go in that direction (and kept in in v2).
Old 14th February 2020, 11:58 PM   #158
LineSource is offline LineSource  United States
diyAudio Member

The Loudspeaker 2
Copyright 2020 © Troels Gravesen

"my Goodness, this midrange and treble is smooth. The dynamics are phenomenal, even at very low level you can hear something extraordinary is going on. This is not the most expensive speaker I've made, but certainly the very, very best, even by a comfortable margin." Troels Gravesen
Old 16th February 2020, 07:20 AM   #159
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesblonde View Post
Troels has updated this design with a v2: The-Loudspeaker-2

Still not convinced that about the tweeter + supertweeter part of the design. Need to do some digging to understand why Troels chose to go in that direction (and kept in in v2).
Thanks for posting about the updated version!

Iím still loving mine, and listen everyday.

But liking the new super tweeters Troels has added. I might try out the Visaton TL16H and update the crossover with the higher end caps.
Old 16th February 2020, 07:25 AM   #160
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSource View Post
The Loudspeaker 2
Copyright 2020 © Troels Gravesen

"my Goodness, this midrange and treble is smooth. The dynamics are phenomenal, even at very low level you can hear something extraordinary is going on. This is not the most expensive speaker I've made, but certainly the very, very best, even by a comfortable margin." Troels Gravesen
Thanks for posing Troels comments.

He also said, in reference to the narrower width to be able to fit in storage,

ďI need to have these speaker permanently and roll them in from time to time. I just can't live without'em.ď

I think a pretty good review from him after all the great designs he has produced.

Hide this!Advertise here!