first 2 way build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, getting started with Diy, trying to build a 2 way system with dayton audio drivers, using:

DC28F-8 1-1/8'' Silk Dome Tweeter
and
Dayton Audio DC160-8 6-1/2" Classic Woofer

I was trying to at least get the crossover covered by someone who knows the correct direction instead of just relying on diy articles on the web.

I will be testing the speakers with a tpa3116 little amp that should do 30/35w at 8ohm and my yamaha receiver rx v357 that should do 100w at 8ohm with a min 6ohm impedance. My questions are, would they be able to handle the speakers and is the crossover schematic i made decent enough for a first try?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• crossover.jpg
    crossover.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 194
L-pads are normally to the right (after) the crossover.

Unsure why you have a 2mH inductor in parallel with the tweeter. Normally for a 2nd order electrical the parallel inductor would be in the 0.25mh - 0.6mH range

I don't think your tweeter will be happy < 2KHz crossover. I'd recommend >= 2.5KHz at least 4th order acoustic slope.

Where did you get your driver FRD/ZMA files from? I'm interested in whether you've applied baffle diffraction and step compensation and if so, whether you re-extracted minimum phase before modeling

If you are working off extracted (not measured) responses and phase - have you entered the voice coil offset of the woofer - assuming you are designing on-axis with the tweeter?

What is your enclosure size / type (vented / sealed) and tuning?

Heya, thanks for the feedback. The classix ii are a great option.

The inductor increased a bit the frequency response on the crossover point for a flatter curve.
Files were from the manufacturer's website.
No speaker box optimization other than trying to get to manufacturer's recommended box size for a vented box at this stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.