|Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|6th December 2018, 04:36 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2017
Designing a trapez speaker.
Designing a fullrange speaker and I've got some questions.
I just designed and build a setup consisting of 2x 12" Beta-12cx with ASD:1001 horn driver in closed cabs. and a Tham12 for sub.
I didn't really like the sub. I think I chose a bad driver, and it really doesn't go that low, so new plans...
The setup will be battery-powered. The amp is 2x500w at 4ohm.
videos in action:
Plan is to build 2x 2x12" speakers, where one of the 12" will be the Beta-12cx and the other will be beta-12a. These are very similar, so I plan to use them in a ported cab, so they're full range.
The amp, battery and DSP will be installed in one of the cabs. I can leave home one of the cabs and still bring the "mother-cab" if I just need a bit of volume
Setup will look like this:
- How much volume for two beta 12" drivers do you reckon I need, if it will be used full range? The setup will use Psycho-acoustics to enhance bass-experience. The speaker will mostly be used indoors.
- Is it a bad idea to use same chamber for the two beta-drivers? Their specs are close to identical.
- Current plan is to use Eminence PXB2:2K5CX filter for the Coaxial driver (Beta 12-cx and ASD:1001 and then lower resistance for the tweeter, to level out the extra sound from the extra Beta 12". Can I use the same crossover for both 12"? Or does lower impedance change the crossing point?
- Expanding question above. My amp is 2x500w. Perhaps I could use one channel for the Beta-cx12 + ASD1001 and then another channel for the extra Beta-12a driver. This way I can setup an active crossover for the Beta-12a, and just run double wires through the Speakon cable.
ONE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!
- Do you think I should rethink this whole setup?
Mixing on the wrong channel. Still hear the difference. Good I have placebo.
Last edited by Grymer; 6th December 2018 at 04:39 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Speaker Designing Software||morfius||Multi-Way||4||13th September 2007 07:01 AM|
|Designing my first 2-way speaker||Twisted85||Multi-Way||27||13th December 2006 03:07 PM|
|Designing a horn like a two way speaker ...||Onur||Full Range||0||21st September 2006 07:16 PM|
|Help designing an efficient HT speaker||paulspencer||Multi-Way||5||4th April 2006 02:20 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|