UK based repair/recoiling of woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have an old TDL studio 3 woofer that's rubbing and can't be replaced easily. I was hoping to find someone who could re do the voice coil.

I've tried Wembley, Wilmslow and Falcon but none of them can help.

Can anyone recommend someone in the UK who can repair it?

Many thanks

Just thinking aloud and in no particular order:

*there is an thread at Audiokarma where a reconer in USA is mentioned ... so somebody in UK or EU should be able to do the job

* you can´t replace just the voice coil, you must replace all moving parts

*that said, you might get another woofer, different grand and model basically same specs, it should work close enough.
Main problem would be the relatively uncommon 16 ohm voice coil

* IF VC is rubbing, maybe it just misaligned but has no real damage ... in that case you might try recentering it .
If you can´t find a reconer or a replacement for it and think you can do it yourself, ask and I´ll explain how.
In that case, PM and give me thread link, I can *easily* miss it among the tons of DIY Audio posts.

* does it use a foam edge?
Maybe it´s weakened/crumbling and that causes ugly noises, if so you might refoam it.

Reconer refoaming it might also recenter voice coil as part of the process.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.