Great Sounding Micro Ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
take a look at Planet10's U Fonken

“uFonken" is a family with Fostex FF85wk. Most of these can also be revented for use with Alpair 5.2 (and althou i have yet to try, the Faital 3E22).

uFonkenFamily.gif

The FF85wk and the A5.2 are outstanding drivers. In the small uFonken estimate 85 Hz, 10 Hz lower in the bigger boxes. uFonkenWK plans are freely available, others are part of paid planset.

Here a set of the original uFonken (current uFonkenWK is the same size(m with a 24” iMac.

microFonken.jpg

Using a FR driver is particularily advantageous near-field because there is both no XO and no distance between drivers that requires a certain minimum distance away before the drivers integrate.

The uFonkenSET (and uMar-KenSET) is one of the designs i am proudest of.

blackWalnut-uFonkenSET-comp.jpg

The Alpair 6.2m/p can also be fitted into a small box — i use a set in my brief-case hifi.

Bigger than you want but for max bass from these little drivers the Frugel-Horn Lite is really quite startling when you hear it… they do the 1st harmonic so well that you only know what is missing when you listen to a speaker that does go low (much much bigger boxes).

FH-Lite-protosS.jpg

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.