Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Yuichi A290 CAD plans
Yuichi A290 CAD plans
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2018, 02:30 PM   #1
barackuda is offline barackuda  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Default Yuichi A290 CAD plans in the making

Hello again guys. I had a great project going in the fullrange section, a B&W teardrop shape with Fostex 168 drivers. As life has it, something came inbetween. After a long time, wanted to go back to the project and finaly finish it.... When I pulled the enclosures out of a dry storage, they have been badly cracked. That was the second time when translam didnt work (wesayso had same problem). And in the bin they went, sadly.

Now.....new project Currently Im having a CAD program done for the famous Yuichi A290 horn, so that it can be machined on a CNC router. Found a guy in my country *central Europe) who would be willing to make them. You can find them on ebay and such, but still over 1.000 dollars for a pair. I wanna push the price way way lower. Once I got the CAD file, I will bargain with the CNC company to have them made. As a compensation for good price, I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in a pair. I do not promise this, but I think we could get it down to 600 per pair...depends on the amount of horns he will make.

Danny

Last edited by barackuda; 29th November 2018 at 02:51 PM. Reason: title change
Old 29th November 2018, 05:22 PM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Yuichi A290 CAD plans
Id be interested in the CAD plan.

Attached are the hand drawn plans.

dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A290.pdf (363.6 KB, 285 views)
Old 29th November 2018, 06:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Dave
I do have the plans from Yuichis site. Not sure about the legal issues giving out plans which Im paying for. Maybe you can help....

Danny
Old 29th November 2018, 06:35 PM   #4
puppet is offline puppet  United States
diyAudio Member

Make for yourself is fine. Make to sell is not fine. Pretty sure this is stated of his web page. Sometimes we don't look well enough for things we don't want to find.
Old 29th November 2018, 06:56 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

puppet - I dont want to make money of it. I am paying for the CAD files, and routing job. More then happy to share with fellow DIYers...If it works out, I can be the middle man to have the horns made for others, no charge for me, except if I have to pick them up (gass money), or have to ship them (which is normal). I just want to "spread the love" so to say
Old 29th November 2018, 07:29 PM   #6
puppet is offline puppet  United States
diyAudio Member

Oh, I see, my mistake. The fella making yours will make a pair for me, free of charge.
I'll take a half dozen. Let me know when they're shipping, OK?
Old 29th November 2018, 07:35 PM   #7
neskor is offline neskor  Serbia
diyAudio Member

I have this CAD plans, but I'm not sure if they are good.
Attached Files
File Type: zip A-290dwg.zip (41.6 KB, 112 views)
Old 29th November 2018, 09:39 PM   #8
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Yuichi A290 CAD plans
Only the original drawings are copyright. Any redo of the drawings is copyright of the artist (or who he assigns them to).

Having something that a CNC can use would be very useful. If the CNC has enuff z you shoud be able to do at as an upper & lower half, plus the vanes.

I ask because as soon as i get the new dongle for my CAD software i was going to takle this exact drawing. But no sense in doing it twice. I already have a 1st order approximation of the horn drawn.

When i get my CAD straightened out i’ll look at neskor’s drawing.

dave
Old 29th November 2018, 09:42 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

No, he wont make you a free pair or dozen....why do you have to write that? You know what I mean. Im not here to make money, Im writing this to convince the manufacturer to make more of them, for a fair price, like a group buy. I get a pair for a good price, and somebody else, who wants a pair, also.....Jesus And anyway, your from US, why would you wont a pair? Shipping would kill you. Are you trolling me?
Old 30th November 2018, 10:17 AM   #10
Zvu is offline Zvu  Serbia
diyAudio Member

He's trolling. Just ignore.

So, this would be a group buy ?

I may be able to help with cad files. I'll check with a guy i know made A290 on his cnc.

Yuichi A290 CAD plansHide this!Advertise here!