speaker simulation software for Mac OSX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I use MacSpeakerz -- runs in Classic, but does an OK job. Not free thou. I also have a bunch of spreadsheets (in Trapeze) that is really what i use.

If i could figure out how to spare the time, i'd love to sit down and write a piece of OS X software ... i have some pretty good ideas floating around in my head.

dave

I wonder how hard it would be to port these programs to Mac and Linux platforms? Probably not all that hard. A Mac or Linux version of Audua's SpeakerWorkshop would be nice. The only thing I don't like about SpeakerWorkshop is that it makes you keep all your windows on its little workspace. I have dual monitors and I'd like to be able to drag the frequency response window onto my other monitor and make changes and see them instantly reflected. In fact, how about sliders you can drag to change things like box volume, crossover point, and individual component values? Planet10, if you can write one of these and keep the price reasonable ($20 would be fine) then I think there's lots of people who would snap it right up. I just got done learning to write programs in C for the UNIX command line interface but I don't have the skills yet to write a windows program with a GUI and all that.

haenisch said:
Since I converted to Mac, I looked for a simulation software with the result of using
a PC simulator :-(
If you find something suitable, I would like to join, but .....

Greetings Till

A few weeks back, Karoliina started a thread on exactly that topic. You can find it here and a followup here.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I'm also looking for a sim program that runs on OS X. I've got an old PC laptop that I would like to use only to program my amateur radios. Right now, I use it mainly for simulations as I'm not a big fan of running Virtual PC on my 400 MHz G4.:xeye:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Ron E said:
Go to www.diysubwoofers.org and roll your own...

Yeh I know, but I'm just lazy! ;)

Brian has a simple spreadsheet called ported.xls that would probably run in Excel for apples....if anything would, it should.

Looks good, thanks for the reference Ron. I really should get out to more diy sites really, but this place just seems to take up so much time! :D

fireman said:

A few weeks back, Karoliina started a thread on exactly that topic. You can find it here and a followup here.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I'm also looking for a sim program that runs on OS X. I've got an old PC laptop that I would like to use only to program my amateur radios. Right now, I use it mainly for simulations as I'm not a big fan of running Virtual PC on my 400 MHz G4.:xeye:

Hi,

As a matter of fact, I last time updated the program
yesterday. It doesn't do even 10% of what WinISD does
now and it is full of potential bugs and features that
are not yet implemented, but compiling the program to
Mac OS X shound't be a problem since the Qt / Mac Free
is freely available from http://www.trolltech.com and you can
try recompiling it. However, you need to compile also
the libxml. The libxml is very portable and should work
fine in the Mac OS X. You can download the libxml sources
from http://www.xmlsoft.org .
If someone would be willing to maintain
the Mac OS X port, feel free to join the project. The project
home page is currently here:

http://www.iti.fi/speakerdesigner

I yesterday peeked at the WinISD data files and it looks
like that it is very easy to write a conversion program which
allows you to convert driver files from WinISD to
the qtspeakerdesigner xml-form.

The latest binaries that can also be downloaded from
the page, also require the latest qwt library for drawing
the curves. Search the web to find it. The latest binaries
downloadable from the page, have been compiled
under Suse Linux 9.1 Professional and should be compatible
with similarly equipped Fedora Core 2+ and Mandake 10+ distributions.

Best Wishes,
Karoliina
--
Karoliina from the MSWindows-free zone
(All computers running Linux at home).

Another Beta Tester

I have a G4 and would be happy to help test.;)

Attachments

• dancing speaker.gif
    dancing speaker.gif
    37.8 KB · Views: 444
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.