Quasar QS1 Studio Speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered the caps from Falcon Acoustics and replaced them some time ago. Then I ordered replacement acoustically transparent foam. They both had glass-wool damping material inside so I left it there. They look ok.but I'm still not sure that the sound is ok. They sound relatively quiet but that could be because I'm currently using a 25wpc amp till the new one arrives or it might be that I'm used to listening to live music and recorded is just not the same.

I might invest in a test mic as well because my old ears are not so good and I am not sure whether the high frequencies are not there or that my ears can't hear them any more. Sad but true and no kids to ear-test them for me.
Anyhow I plan to use these for parties when it becomes possible again and get something newer.

I the meantime I'll give your music test track a whirl!

Attachments

• Quasar QS2.jpg
    Quasar QS2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Quasar QS3.jpg
    Quasar QS3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Quasar QS1.jpg
    Quasar QS1.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 64
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.