Yamaha ns-100/300 tweeter help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have e a set of ns-300's but the tweeters are a lil damaged. So I picked up a set of ns-100's to use the tweeters.

However, the 100's/200's have the same RMS power, but the ns-300's are 400w max input. So, would the tweeters from the 100's have the same RMS output as the 300 tweeters?

Can't seem to find any info of this online.

The program power output spec does not tell us anything of much value. It is just an embelished figure. The question you should ask yourself is whether these tweeters are the same, hence interchangeable (look alike?). I don't see why you should not try out the better ones. I suppose electrical and acoustical measurements are out of the question. Have you got a multimeter to check the dc resistance of the tweeters?

It is common to find the same tweeters used in different models of the same manufacturer's range.

Since the power which reaches the tweeter is only 5 to 10% of the total system input power, the same tweeter can be used safely in models which have different system power ratings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.