Electro-Voice (EV)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone and sorry for my english.
I appeal to everyone but in particular to those who have built a system with an electro-voice compression driver.
if someone is kind enough to answer me I would like to know if the system is 2 way or 3 way, which CD version you used and with which wave guide.
which woofer you have chosen and at which frequency you have crossed.
finally, why did you make these choices?
Hello and thanks.

I was given some EV CD and horns by a friend who was helping to clean up a theatre. They were going to throw them out. The CD are DH1506 and the horns are EV HR-90. The bass drivers were also free from another friend. I made the cabinets. Sound is not bad to pretty good.

Attachments

• stereo.jpg
    stereo.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 261
I've used ev dh7 with sucess as a 2-way in a house. Used it on an ev hp90 then an ev hr90 (better).
Crossed it 750hz at 24db (with much eq). Need one dh7 ?

I've also used the hp640 on an ev hp640 from 750hz -5khz, but the mini echo reflections were too much.
Fine for pa, but too much added reverby for reproduction in my opinion.

The ev hr90 can be improved.
I used a thin flat piece of foam on the first 8" by the throat, it help clean up problems caused by parallel walls in horns.
As did foam at left and right edges.
See post 12 (me).

Stereo-Lab cf400/cf250 Tactrix or Jabo KH-55 Exponential Horn for Radian 950PB

Eventually i graduated to a jbl 2435hpl (awesome) using the jbl 2384 horn (also awesome), but i was lucky having a dear friend (djk) who would let me play with his equipment and buy it also.

JBL 365359-001 2384 Horn/Waveguide for 3732 - Speaker Exchange

That horn i recommend heartily.

I have been tempted for a newer jbl horn, the pt h1010hf 1.

JBL 442730-001 PTH1010HF-1 Waveguide - Speaker Exchange

It looks very reflection free.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.