Full range speaker advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Im looking into building a full range speaker, Using the Faital Pro 10FE200, Should something like this be used with a "mid" or can I just mate this to a tweeter thats not a problem child to work with. i'll have a small budget- maybe $125 per speaker for drivers.

One option for what you want might be a FAST or WAW set-up.

10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST Ref Monitor

Otherwise, there are a lot of proven designs if this is your first build.

If you are determined to use the Faital Pro woofer, you'll need a tweeter that's pretty efficient, so you'll probably need to stay with a professional-type horn or horn-loaded tweeter.

Horn Loaded Tweeters & Midranges in the Speaker Components Department at Parts Express | 35

Horn Drivers in the Speaker Components Department at Parts Express | 33

What are some expectations and how are you going to use the speakers? What type of amp will you be using?
If you provide enough info on what you're looking for the speaker to do and how you'll use it, you'll get more than enough info.

Have fun,
Mike

I suppose there should not be any problems to mate this faital to a dedicated tweeter, a unit of about 92-93 dB SPL. Woofer is measured in half space so some kind of SPL loss should be calculated in while in a real enclosure and a filter on. The greatest concern in my eyes would be a bass roll-off performance.

Hi, Thanks for the info. Yes this will be my first build. I have no idea what a "fast/WAW" is lol.

These will be used in a theater application. I have a crap setup now, and my buddy as some speakers he uses all them in "Full-Range" and the sound is crazy. For now ill be using a Marantz SR7011.

They will be used for music also, but i dont want to run subs all the time.

Hi, Thanks for the info. Yes this will be my first build. I have no idea what a "fast/WAW" is lol.

It's a 3 or 4 inch full-range driver crossed low to a woofer to relieve the full-range driver of bass duties.
FAST= Full-range Assisted Subwoofer Technology or something close.
WAW= Woofer Assisted Wideband

It's crossed around the 200-300 Hz area.

There is one in the link I included that uses a Dayton RS-225 and any number of full-range drivers. I built one and am quite happy with it.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.