Dayton H6512 and H110

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am beginning to flirt with some new ideas and am considering ordering some waveguides and a pair of B&C DE250 drivers. I have a 10 inch Eminence woofer I will play with some, and am wondering about waveguides worth trying above that and other pro drivers.

Not many are available to me, but the H6512 and H110 are available from Dayton for a decent enough price to me that I may grab them.

The 6512 is known for it's use in the Econowave design (which I will likely try) and seems to get good reviews. Has anyone used the H110 to any success? It looks like a quality piece and have seen it mentioned, but rarely "endorsed" such as the 6512 has been.

Would the H110 be of much use to someone noodling around with waveguides for the first time? Should I consider an H812 or something instead? Just looking for some variation from the 6512. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I "use" a modified H110 waveguide with great success, IMO. I think it's a good waveguide to tinker with, as I did for my very first time.

I used it to attach it to a Hygeia RT-50021 AMT tweeter. I haven't fabricated a permanent mounting solution, it was just a trial-fit with the waveguide laying on top of the tweeter to get frequency response measurements. Granted this is not your specific application, but IMO it is worth trying out.

uc

uc

Before and after modifying the horn:

uc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.