Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Danley Studio One (more) affordable?
Danley Studio One (more) affordable?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2020, 03:48 AM   #31
Patrick Bateman is offline Patrick Bateman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
Ouch. That’s a lot more expensive than the JBL 705i + BSS BLU-50 (Studio One) or JBL 705p (Studio Two), and the JBL is probably a more capable speaker.
I think the Studio 2 is a clever play.

Click the image to open in full size.

A Genelec S360 retails for $9000 a pair, and is designed for customers who want more output than Genelec's smaller speaker.

I can only speculate on Danley's marketing, but I have a hunch that it's designed to compete with speakers like the S360.

Basically the Studio 2 should offer comparable output, but a few features that exceed Genelec:

1) The Studio 2 is a point source design

2) The Studio 2 has the Danley Synergy Xover

3) The Studio 2 is made in America

4) The Studio 2 costs less

One of the things that impressed me about the Studio 2s is that they're built like a tank. Right now, my reference speakers are Yamaha DXR12s. For $1400 a pair, their performance is ridiculous.

But even at modest volume levels, as in "90db", you can feel vibrations coming from the plastic cabinet. And the woofer is potato quality.

The Yamaha is a great example of what you can do on a limited budget. Similar to how I feel about my Behringers, you get a LOT of loudspeaker for the money.

But even from the first note, the Studio 2s seemed more dynamic, and I think the cabinet plays a big role in this. Danley's cabinet maker is NOT cutting corners.

It should give Genelec a run for their money, IMHO.
Old 28th March 2020, 05:48 AM   #32
Pallas is offline Pallas  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I think the Studio 2 is a clever play.

Click the image to open in full size.

A Genelec S360 retails for $9000 a pair, and is designed for customers who want more output than Genelec's smaller speaker.

I can only speculate on Danley's marketing, but I have a hunch that it's designed to compete with speakers like the S360.

Basically the Studio 2 should offer comparable output, but a few features that exceed Genelec:

But...6.5” coax vs 10” 2-way.

Danley Studio One (more) affordable?Hide this!Advertise here!