Seas '70's Mini Kit 5 TV-HF 17 TV-WA crossover and cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody!

I recently came across a set of 70's era Seas speakers in mint condition, that made the Seas Mini Kit. The speakers are 5 TV-HF and 17 TV-WA. They seem like really nice, good sensitivity speakers and since i do enjoy my Dynacos i couldn't resist not buying them. :rolleyes:

Since i'm stuck with'em now, i am thinking of making a pair of office near-field speakers, but can't find much info on them. I was wondering about the crossover. The Seas brochure says D046 crossover network, but i can't seem to find what that might be.

Cabinet-wise, i was think of a slightly scaled-down Dynaco A10.

If anyone has any advice, info or anything to share, please do!
Thanks!
Seas Professional Sound

I've just spent an hour trying to remember what these are about! :D

I remember being involved in a few threads about these sort of things:
Radionette TK20S - are they rarities?

system7 said:
They are rarities. Extremely musical and efficient drivers of a style not easily found these days. Possibly AlNiCo magnets which are considered exotic and expensive now. A high Qms cone made by SEAS and SEAS cone tweeters too.

If you know what you are doing with them, they can sound VERY GOOD indeed. Solavox TK 19S and Radionette TK 18S and TK 20S made by Tandberg were all similar.

Troles Gravesen does things with them here: BLACKCONES

I can't find my old (Norwegian) Tandberg catalogue right now. It has some crossover schematics.

The Tandberg stuff is available here:
Njord Noatun's Vintage Audio Resources

Get the two loudspeaker PDFs, and you can track down the woofer at least by Tandberg serial number. And a few designs I think used it. Maybe Hifi 10, HiFi 12 and LS1210.

I think they used to run the 17cm woofer fullrange. I presume these are 4 ohm drivers. Looks like Tanberg used that old peerless cone tweeter.

Some study of the Blackcones article might help too. I'm pretty sure I've seen the Radionette TK18S schematic somewhere. It can't be hard to do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.